Prayer Focus 19/09/2021 - 25/09/2021
- Someone sent a beautiful prayer of thanks for Derek and how God used him. Here is an excerpt that ends with a prayer request:
“Heavenly Father, thank you for the life of Derek Prince and the blessing he has been to Your people all over the world. Thank you for using him to equip Your people with supernatural power consistent with Your Word and to expand Your Kingdom. We need teaching that is not watered down with religion and church culture of no spiritual value. Please expand Derek Prince Ministries in Australia to fulfil that need so our country can be transformed into everything you want Australia to be.”
- There is much pressure on young people in China to keep them from turning to Jesus. However, our Proclamation Cards for children are in demand. A sister in Hunan Province who teaches Sunday school found them online and wanted 50 sets. Pray for these cards to flood China and reach many children, sowing seeds of the Father’s love and drawing them to know and follow Him.
Praise Report – China
- A long-time co-worker shared about a sister who received Derek’s teaching more than ten years ago. She was a student at university in Beijing and received several boxes of Derek’s books that our co-worker sent to her when she returned home. The books benefited her and her small group greatly. Recently, she found our Chinese website and downloaded other books. She was thrilled to reconnect with our co-worker on WeChat after many years and asked for more material.
- We are so grateful for the China team that God has raised up for this time. Although there have been shutdowns by the authorities, the IT workers have managed to keep Derek’s teachings available online by using substitute servers so that people in China can still access them. Our contacts in China are also eager to be involved to help provide Derek’s teaching resources despite the pressure. Some local churches are expressing their gratitude by giving to the ministry.
- Pray for God’s protection, good health and wisdom for Alex and Jan in New Zealand, who oversee DPM’s work in Thailand.
- Pray also for the Lord to raise up a suitable person to distribute Derek’s teaching and coordinate the work there.
- Several titles are being translated into Khmer, including Applying the Blood. Pray for God’s protection, wisdom and anointing for Director Huy and the two translators.
Outreach Report – Cambodia
- Recently the DPM-Cambodia team organised Covid-19 relief work in Kampong Chhnang Province and Kampong Cham Province, with 60 and 100 pastors respectively. They delivered food supplies to support their families and DPM materials for churches to give out to their communities to help keep their congregations close to our Lord and enable them to proclaim His Word. They had a great time of fellowship, encouraging and praying for each other.
- “My name is Pastor Theara. I would like to express my deep gratitude to DPM–Cambodia, which is providing food to those of us in need. I have five children in my family and, during the pandemic, we have had no support or income. We have been shown great love by the Lord providing us with food in this difficult time. May the Lord bless you.”
- “I am Pastor Youn Meak from Tlork Rolaeng Hope church and I am also a farmer. In 2010, God moved in my heart to start worship at my home. We got a lot of persecution from the village chief and people around us, including my relatives. They rejected my family and my children at school. Someone destroyed my rice fields and crops because they hated my family who believe in Jesus. My family has kept trusting the Lord and, after a few years, my brother and his family accepted Jesus, and more people opened their hearts to the Gospel. During the Covid-19 outbreak, we have had challenges with finances. Some of the factories closed down, so my church members lost their jobs. We are not allowed to gather to worship the Lord together anymore. Thank you for providing us with food. Thank you for feeding us, not just physically, but also spiritually. I love the book ‘God’s Medicine Bottle’. I believe that God is working miraculously in my family.”
September 23—Sri Lanka
- Pray for the Lord’s guidance and wisdom for DPM coordinator, Anglican Bishop Prince, as he oversees DPM’s work in Sri Lanka and seeks to help meet the needs of pastors and believers in 25 districts.
- With travel restrictions in place, pray that Bishop Prince will receive permission to go to the northern and eastern provinces, particularly the hill country, to hold meetings with pastors and distribute Derek’s books.
- Derek’s book, Hear God’s Voice, is being translated into Hindi and Tamil. Pray for God’s protection and anointing for the translators and an accurate and speedy translation.
- Pray for God’s protection and wisdom for Directors Elsie and Danny, their family and staff, given the huge rise in Covid-19 cases in India.
- Life-Changing Spiritual Power, a compilation of a number of titles, is now having its final edit and will soon be in print. Pray for successful printing and distribution and that it will impact many lives.